Wednesday 21 October 2009

Audio evaluation!

Overall I was quite pleased with the outcome of my jingles and promo, considering it was a first go at audio production, but there are quite allot of things that gave me set backs on making my pieces as good as I had wanted them.
Firstly I had never used an apple Mac before so we had to learn to use the software in a limited amount of time and trying to produce good work with limited knowledge was difficult.
At one point I had issues with my microphone which didn’t get sorted for around an hour which was quite irritating as I couldn’t do much else in this time!
Overall I thought sound booth was quite good and beside the pitch of my show promo messing up I was fairly pleased.

My show promo took the longest to do and is still unfinished, I chose 5 tracks and mixed them together with some dialogue, the dialogue isn’t clear and I would have preferred to have had a hand held microphone or a private space to record speech as its quite off putting recording your dialogue parts in front of a whole class as obviously its hard to get a time when everyone is quiet, and essentially quite embarrassing when trying to get a really good bit of enthusiastic radio speech. I had trouble with the pitch on mine as the voices got changed, I have no idea how it happened so it was hard to try and correct it, I noticed the more I played around with my piece the more unhappy I was with it, and that’s probably why its still not perfected.

The show ident was easy as I did this after my show promo, I should have probably have chosen to do my show promo last as I would’ve had more experience with the equipment. For my show ident I used garage band to get my music it was really simple and I just chose a cheesy jingle that would stick in people’s heads.
Similarly I used garage band for my radio jingle to choose the music Neil did the dialogue and I preferred him doing it as he has a better voice for radio speech. :)


Below is my show promo... i was unable to upload my jingle and my show ident!


No comments:

Post a Comment